Winter is a season that has more disadvantages than benefits. During my years in France, I had snowboarding to cheer me up, but in Denmark there are no mountains, no wind and little snow. It is therefore easy to become depressed, especially because it’s harder to dress well and stay comfortable during the winter. I’m not a big fan of scarves, nor technical clothes that despite their practicality, are not very classy.
Fortunately, the woolen shearling jacket exists! If it’s a good quality jacket, it remains for me the best winter jacket a man could wish for.
So why is it the best winter, and transition jacket?
- The woolen shearling jackets are very warm
- Many models have the option to close the collar to protect yourself from the wind.
- It’s also a good jacket for spring and fall because it’s even more stylish when worn open, like i do in the pictures below.
- Mid and high end models age well because the materials used are “alive” (animal skins). It is therefore a jacket that you can keep a long time, or buy in thrift stores, without it losing its appeal (some even say they look better when they age, and i agree for the most).
- They are just too freaking awesome!
- If you are a style noob, it’s a safe choice. It’s a timeless look that has never really been at the top of the fashion podium, but never forgotten either.
It is not by chance that in my article “The coolest movie jackets”, 2 of the jackets were shearling jackets.
Here are 2 of my favorite woolen shearling jackets: